Coordinated capacity calculation
The Nordic RSC must calculate cross-border transmission capacities and maximise the transmission capacity offered to the market.
In the beginning of 2018 the Steering Group decided on a stepwise approach for the CCC service:
- Step 1a: Nordic RSC office, take responsibility for sending DA capacities to NordPool using NOIS. Which includes:
- Define routines and fallback routines, together with the Nordic TSOs, NordPool and NOG
- New RSC Core Room to support routines and fallback routines
- Step 1b: Nordic RSC office prepare a shadow capacity calculation coordinate and send DA capacities within Nordic Area. (At what level, will be defined together with TSOs later on.)
- Step 1c: Nordic RSC office coordinate, deliver and verify DA capacities and verify results for DA flow, in Nordic Area with more NEMOs
- Step 2 NorCap Project: RSC calculates Flow Based (FB) capacities. TSOs approve. RSCs send to NEMOs.
- Process to procure tool for flow based calculation is ongoing
- Expected Go-Live by end 2020.
- Step 3: RSC calculates FB capacities taking into account dynamic security analysis. Time horizon: 4 years.
See the video below for a basic explanation of the service provided by ENTSO-E and Coreso.